ICYMI we recently announced that we’ve completed all major content (i.e. races, missions, modes). We’ve been answering questions on our Q&A thread (warning: strong opinions) but here’s a quick hit of intel to save you some clicks.
While new races and expansion packs are off the table, smaller content additions are still a possibility and the servers will remain up with every elite unlocked for all players who continue to enjoy the game.
Balance is considered stable. We like the idea of updates in the future but can’t commit to that without planning for proper feedback, testing, and follow-up patches. We’ll let you know if anything changes.
Our mod tools will stay the same. We see the appetite for expanded tools and we’ll revisit the conversation with our partners but we need to stay within our license agreement.
There are a lot of interesting ideas out there for the Dawn of War franchise. We'll never stop thinking about 40K and what we can do in that world but for right now we're focusing on other projects.
That’s it for now. We’ll be back with announcements if anything changes.
Beyond the fact that their customers have paid 60 euros (or more) for the game, we can consider that there is a prejudice at 2/3 levels :
1) they have made promises to their customer, telling them there will be a massive content released in february, and thus creating in them very strongs hopes.
2) considering their will be a massive update, their customers have invested lot of time in the game (me, for example, have +600 hours), whereas this was in truth a dead end.
3) we can even wonder in which measure there weren't lie, because one month ago, it was still annouced that a massive content would arrive in feb, and we obvious know that it needs more than a month to make a such one (so it was a lie).
For this reason, i'm conviced that there is a legal fault/responsability from SEGA, and in consequence :
- either they developp the content they have promised to their customers (this is unbelievable but new customers can still buy this game 39,99 euros on SEGA website while it is a dead soft).
- either they pay penalty for their lies and compensations to their customers for the time they have invested and the hope (and disappointement) they have created in them.
It would be interesting that a lawer gives us some information about this. I will make my own research on my side and will tell you asap.
The story is not over.