I've seen many threads many hate threats and posts towards DoW3 accusing it of having only 3 factions. Space Marines, Eldar and Orcs. Not gonna lie I'm dissapointed too.
Maybe that's because I got DoW2 long after it's release with many DLCs bundled. I didn't manage my expectations and I got little too excited of revamping Dawn of War series.
Im gonna make some StarCraft comparison just in case anyone here played that RTS too.
What Factions do we have right now is clear:
1. Space Marines - No introduction needed, always great, trademark of the franchise, terrans are jealous for sure, enough said really.
2. Orcs - They seem less orc-like, these guys got refreshed and got their mechanics polished (don't want to spoil too much), they leak of improvised weapons and insanity.
3. Eldar - I never got along with these guys but they got their small fan base and im sure I would piss off an entire community saying that they're a protoss ripoff (don't mind it).
Factions many players including me waited for:
1. Chaos Marines - If Space Marines were angels then these are fallen ones, they have a great and big fanbase which deviant art along with youtube are proof of that.
2. Imperial Guards - To me they were a space police with a big community workshipping them just like with Chaos Marines, march songs all around the internet.
3. Tau - Impressive robots reminding you that AI should never be disregarded. They make your tanks cry with oil and grease.
4. Tyranids - Monsters based off dinosaurs, since there was always a war between "zerg" and Tyranids im gonna say they're a savage and more brutal version of zerg