Hi all, I previously posted this on Reddit.
Just tried the beta and played 2 games of Orkz. I lost both games, I wasn't really able to multitask well while in combat. Some things I did notice though:
1) Box selecting sometimes doesn't work properly if you pull it and let go of your mouse button while the cursor is on the UI. It won't register the mouse release, the units won't be selected and that sucks during large battles.
2) I had issues clicking on units. I tried to manually click on a Gretchin team but the clickbox is as wide as their bodies are. Then hurriedly box selected it, only for it to not register.
3) TL;DR I'm not able to efficiently move units around in general, the controls are quite janky/unresponsive at times, I did feel a bit of delay too (probs ping)
4) No camera pan speed, no mouse sensitivity? I would like to have these.
5) Elites' abilities feel too strong. Their HP stands for 3-4 units worth and cast spells that deal damage for 5 units worth. The base attack should be increased and the skill damage decreased if you want to focus on the RTS aspect and not the MOBA aspect. MOBA heroes don't even dish out this kind of punishment without some snowball/late game advantage. Probably lock Elites' damage behind Escalation Phases would be great (50%/75%/100%/125% of supposed damage), scaling is important for balance.
Just won a game with Orkz and I've to say that this gameplay is surprisingly fun. Some UI control issues but definitely a game I like. I realized that capturing points early and successfully defending them will let you snowball and you have to identify early on what nodes you are losing.