So far I've noticed a lot of issues with the Beta that I've broken up into sections below.
- Can't double tap the , key to go to idle workers
- Can't double tap the . key to go to idle infantry
- Can't double tap the / key to go to idle vehicles
- Can't quick switch between production buildings
- Can't press Tab to select an individual unit out of a selected blob of units
- Can't create auto-build orders with the right-click like in the original DoW
- Can't rebind any of the keys
- I have no idea what building is producing what unit half the time as que orders show up in the tab
- The click and drag selection sometimes doesn't work until I click again at the end
- No morale system which means low health troops don't really suffer any penalty outside of simply having low health and weapon types like flamers aren't as relevant due to its absence.
- Line units, especially Space Marines, die extremely fast for what they cost.
- Cover is pretty much non-existent outside of the bubbles
- Pathing is really weird at times and cause your troops to run around objects to reach their destination for no reason
Mainly been a casual Space Marine player since DoW1 and I have to say the VA for the line and elite units in this game sound nowhere near as RIGHTEOUS as the VA from the first game. Everything seems rather watered down and the SM lack the fervor and zeal their VA conveyed in the previous games. Also not a fan of the way Lascannons are represented in this game since they are supposed to be a charged then shot as opposed to a constant beam, plus Gabriel's jump is stupid and should be changed to a teleport with the same effect.
Beta is okay so far but could use a lot of work. Please let me know if I'm wrong on anything since I've only been playing for 5 hours or so.