Firstly I'd like to thank Relic for finally getting out DoW3.
As an avid DoW2 player during my late teens and DoW1 player as a kid, the third installment is really resonating well with me.
Ive had to split this post up but hopefully the message comes through.
I've been really enjoying the Eldar so my current critique is going to be limited to them for now. Im currently on a win streak in 1v1's and 2v2's.
**What the game does right! **
- The depth is satisfying: The escalation phases work brilliantly and with each tick up you as a player need to learn what each phase demands of you.
- Skirmishing is exhiliaring: Early game and through the mid I always feel like Im a couple of bad 'push' attempts away from letting the enemy win.
- Unit counters are satisfying and the well timed used of abilities can swing a seemengly even force into a win for a side.
- Proper objective securing and holding is rewarded and forces enemies to adapt or take a lot of losses.
- Power Core is an interesting mode: Yes, I know, HERESY but coming from a background of MOBA games and Traditional RTS DoW3 has truly surprised me with this. I cant really explain why its so exhilarating but it works because it forces you OUT of your base and into the enemies or they'd do the same.