Dawn of War III? More like League of Starcraft III am I right?
But seriously. Lots of suggestions and gripes with the game:
- Bring back full 3D camera and closer zoom, that camera was a classic DoW feature and got us to inspect our badass units closer and enjoy the spectacle of war.
- Increase the healthy and longevity of everything. My Space Marines die in three seconds, I can barely maintain my army in massive clusterfuck battles. Did the Relic team change? Are they new to 40k? Space Marines should survive for QUITE a while in battle.
- Eldar guns should have a noticeably shorter range, they do higher damage and Eldar should run faster to make amends on this, like in 40k lore. Dark Reapers are one of the few units that are exempt (in terms of ranged weapons).
- I'd suggest a Flee/Retreat button like in Dawn of War II.
- I'd suggest Listening Posts as reinforcement areas for units (not just HQ buildings).
- I'd suggest putting in a pinning option on heavy bolters/heavy weapons and weapons of the like, since melee combat is a bit in favour of Eldar Banshees and hordes of Ork sluggas.
- Don't reward armies for destroying nodes/turrets/etc. My friend and I were on the ropes, and it's shitty knowing you're enemy is gaining resource bonus'. It basically feels like once one side starts winning in the game, then they are almost guaranteed the win. In the previous Dawn of War games, the battles could shift quickly in either teams favour.
- Some of the special abilities (especially the Eldar warpstorm whatever) are kind of mental, they should be nerfed (at least lessen their duration).
- IMPORTANT Bring back other game modes, not just this MOBA League of Legends mode. Bring back Victory Points, and general Skirmish Modes. Maybe they are in the base game, but I've heard multiplayer is only this MOBA mode.