Please enlighten me. Why do you think there are less Strategies in DOW3?
[I] There are players claim that：
A. There are less Building Placement Strategies in DOW3 and then please make pictures to show me, how ?
B. There are less Upgrades and therefore there are less strategies in DOW3 and then please make pictures to show me, how ?
[II] I already made an Article to explain that there are not less Building Strategies in DOW3.
[III] I have already check those upgrades in DOW1 and I find that Those upgrade items are almost alike.
Taking SM for example：
A. DOW1 has - (Not all)
(a) Sargent's upgrades.
(b) Infantry's HP and ATK upgrades.
(c) Special Ability upgrades(Like TSM's grenade and ASM's melta bomb)
(d) Commander Ability upgrades.
(e) Unit's weapon upgrades.
B. DOW3 has -
(a) Infantry's HP and ATK upgrades.
(b) Vehicle's HP and ATK upgrades.
(c) Special Ability upgrades.
(d) Unit's weapon upgrades.
C. Relic removes a lot of not necessary upgrades like Pop Cap, Weapon Limitation, Commander Ability upgrades, and Some Tech Unlock upgrades.
D. About the "Versatile" upgrades.
(a) Don't misunderstand me, I like the "Versatile" upgrade system in DOW1. But I think there are some issues in it.
(b) The system is hard to balance and work if bring them to DOW3. There are 4 Slots and 4 Types of weapon can let players to make combination. What's the problem?
- Different types of weapon required different distance and it make TSM hard to form a formation or make some weapon do not work. (Like Flame + Rocket, Rocker fire, but Flame do not fire, because too far.)
- Different types of weapon required different set up time. The flame do not required set up time but rocket does.
- Players can not make the best usage of a mixed weapon TSM team. For example, there are 2 Flame and 2 Rocket, and I want to those 2 Rocket to attack Vehicle and those 2 Flame to attack Infantry and I can't do it. Because I can attack one target at one time.
So, I can understand why they don't make infantry units become "Versatile".
(c) The vehicle units has no such issues of it, but why does Relic not to do it to them?
- I think they don't want to make a "Easy React Plan" for players. Because those vehicles are born to counter Infantry and players just click the upgrade and then those can become Anti-Vehicle(Heavy Armor) unit.
- They want players make their army combination at the production phase.
- They don't want there are overlapped units, so there are no Anti-Infantry & Anti-Vehicle Dreadnought and Anti-Infantry & Anti-Vehicle Tank. The Dreadnought is damage absorber and those Tanks are damage dealers. That's how it works.
E. What do we lose?
I think we are doing almost the same thing, just at different phases. Now we have to think carefully at production phase and we are still have to use Anti-Infantry units to counter infantry and use Anti-Vehicle units to counter vehicles.
So, the scout action does become important.
Again, Please enlighten me. Why do you think there are less Strategies in DOW3?
Thanks for reading.