While the last patch nerfed many aspects of Eldar that were warranted (namely, improved webway gate and Scorpion True Damage), some nerfs I do not think fit well; the rangers not cost too much power to justify building. I think their line units could just a slight buff in stats to compensate for their weaker ability to push (i.e. commit to fights and “duke it out” rather than always having to run away).
- Increase banshee DPS – at the moment, their DPS is not a strong deterent to keep boyz or ASM off of your fragile ranged Reapers, Avengers, and Rangers. The scream is useful no doubt, but since you can’t turn off auto-cast, they tend to waste it on units like builders or buildings. Additionally, they always have to run at the enemy and lack the shield of boyz or the jump of ASM to help close the distance. By increasing their DPS, they will act much more as an anti-melee unit than the cannon-fodder or back-line crowd control of boyz/ASM.
- Reduce Dark Reaper tear-down time. Dark Reapers lack the burst DPS that Lootas or Devestators can pump out, but do have the added utility of being able to engage more targets like building and vehicles. However, this doesn’t really help Eldar early game where games are often decided. Giving the added mobility to react and dodge incoming threats will help make them more of a threat to face. I also think this goes into the theme of Eldar more and will help differentiate them from lootas and devastators.
- Revert or change Rangers. They simply cost too much power – building your first ranger costs a total of 50 power – far more than the 15 from before! I think either making rangers themselves cost 25 power or the unlock cost 25 power would’ve been sufficient, but not both. Their DPS just doesn’t justify the price tag, regardless of what players who play 3v3s say (where even before this patch, there existed real and effective counters to this “spam” that was the reason for their nerf – spam I’ve rarely saw executed properly at high skill levels).
Eldar Race Mechanics: **
Ork and Space Marine mechanics also increase as you teir up (more WAAAGHs, more Drop Pods, stronger Standard). But Eldar only get teleporting t2 webway gate and access to connect webway gate to building in t3 (I think? It’s such an after thought to the actual combat it’s hard to make use of it imo – but maybe I’m just a **++heresy redacted++ about it).
- Perhaps give webways a stronger shield regen bonus as your tech up, or give access to webway connection to buildings in t1, to “compensate” for the lack of webway gate presence on maps early game.
- I really like the idea of static webways in t1 giving eldar players strategic considerations of where to defend and where to attack – but it does feel a tad impotent to the very flexible and easy to execute drop pods, or the equally as powerful Ork Forward-encampment fortress.
Eldar vehicles seems fine - I like @Ratata 's thread suggestion of increasing Eldar Fire prism power again now that they are decent siege engines. Vypers could do with a slight buff in some manner.