Hello. Every time I see changelogs of the new patches, I get the feeling, that the developers have no idea what to do with the game. That's why I decided to write this post to highlight things to be changed and game mechanics to be introduced.
1. The stun system. It has already been discussed numerous times, but atm I'm gonna propose you the simpliest way to make it better. Make some units invulnerable to stun (i.e. Paladin). Make some units vulnerable only to the blinding effect. I.e. the photon grenade stuns Phantoms, but orks don't stun them in the melee. Also make a sysytem, where infantry stuns infantry and light vechicles, vechicle stuns everything, Solaria either immune to stuns or can be stunned by heavy armor only.
2. Economy. I think it would be rational to add a point with 2 ups on influence and 2 ups on energy in the close vicinity of all main bases on every map, so that every player could "comeback" after some hard tactial defeats. Moreover I think, that you should make generators cheaper and upgrade levels more expensive.
3. Spams. 2 ways to fight it. DoW 1 style: introduce pop. limits and let players increase it via research or smth like that. I.e. it's 100 pop. cap from the beginning of the match and you can increase it by 50 three times once new tier is researched. The second way is Cossacks 3 way, but somehow modified. I.e. first 3 Predators are built for their normal price, but the 4th one costs 30% higher, the 5th one costs 60% higher and so on, so that players couldn't just spam a unit and win in such a way. Spam would be possible only with a really developed economy.
4. Battlefield commanders and ability changes. I propose giving every faction a "final" elite unit, like the Landraider or Avatar and revamp initial elite units by making them slightly stronger than basic units and adding more and more power every time a new phase or tier is reached. I.e Zap Nogin initially would have only hand shot, than it would gradually get the power wave, teleport and the rock trow. Having it such way, this unit won't be OP in the beginning, but would be much more valuable in the end. Also add additional tactical abilitites. It's already done nicely with SMs - they have 1 drop pod on the first tier, 2 drop pods on the secon tier and so on, and they don't get deprieved of the beam. Orcs could get Boyz' price decrease in the same fashion depending on how many towers they control. The price could even plummet to zero.
5. Builders changes. You could increase their price or limit their number but also decrease their building time so that players don't use them to foght and snare enemy range units. Also decrease the building time of constructions, processed by multiple workers, but NOT geometrically like 2 workers build 2 times faster. Make it something like 2 workers build a building 1.5 times faster, 3 workers - 1.75 faster and so on.
And yea, you can continue revamping units' stats, but it doesn't seem to help much. We need some brandnew gamemechanics to be implemented.