So, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Atlas. I'm a Dawn of War 2 Elite Mod veteran and for the past.... idk year and a half? Two? Anyway, I've been doing community tournaments for a while now and would like to get started with Dawn of War 3.
My biggest issues are how to manage and coordinate them, which is why I've been looking for some suggestions from you guys. DoWIII is a different beast from DoWII, so while some of what I've done can be copy/pasted, obviously the rules must be altered to accommodate the rest. Here's been what I've heard/liked/thought of so far:
- Sign up on forum for participation, then have everyone move to a Steam group chat on the day of the tournament for easy access to each other.
- Each player can ban 1 elite and 1 doctrine from the other player and 1 map from the pool. (Community maps will add to the # of maps to make banning maps feasible)
- Split tournaments into 1v1 and team tournaments, alternate between. Possible alternating between pros and newbies as well.
I'm pretty confident about those main points. What I need solutions to are:
- Replay/Cast management?
- Some kind of referee system in case things go down?
I can't promise anywhere near the kind of money that the Bellum Tournament was putting up, I'm just some dude. But I CAN promise consistent tournaments with some small prizes as we go. So, basically I'd like two basic things.
1) Would this be the kind of thing you guys are interested in?
2) What kind of ideas that you have that could potentially deal with forseeable issues?