I am playing this game with a friend and am not familiair with the previous DOW I and II. So some things might be BS to begin with. I am into RTS, mainly playing openra (previously played Generals and Z etc). So that might influence some of these suggestions.
- the camera is very close to my liking. The ability to zoom out would be nice.
- The UI can be much better. detailed information to begin with.
- I can hardly see my units on the map. Use different icons to distinguish units or use different colors.
- When playing with 2 other friends, they both show as the same color on the map. they should have their own color
- units and buildings should have the same color. Now you can only distinguish them if you highlight them, only then is the real color (the color around the building/unit appears) visible.
- When you click the servitor you should see you buildings first on the command center and not his special abilities.
- the use of hotkeys. < probably the most important.
- instant map download when you don't have the map.
- the ability to play 1v1v1v1 etc and 2v2v2v2 and so on.
- balancing out the elites.
- Units should cost less to have more of a competitive play and more exciting game play.
I have more but probably forgot about them, will add them later.