Along the YEARS waiting for dow3 a LOT of members of the community debated what they did want for a DoW3, now that the original release floped, IS THE BEST TIME TO FIX THINGS:
So i will repeat here my post of another topic and i believe must people will agree, actually most people in the Steam tread of thousands of pages and in older forums, most people wanted something like:
A complete game redesign, making what we the community have been asking for years.
-No more escalation phases (put back economy on player hands)
- One extra race.
- Transform the elite units in selectable hard capped units with cost and tech level depending on their actual EP cost. 1-4 ep elites in tier 1 with varieting cost based on their cost, 5-7 Elites in tier 2 and 8-10 Elites into tier 3. So, you keep choosing 3, but you actually pay for that.
- Unit and elites rooster imo is GREAT.
- Cover to bring back those that really need it. (i honestly don't care)
- FREE CAMERA.
- OBSERVER MODE.
- Game info preview in the loading replay screen.
- Proper Out of the game systems, like a proper ladder, a proper rank system etc, maybe even the true revolutionaire GAME CHAT! Imo chat is FUNDAMENTAL, there people can talk, and discuss builds, politics (#MAGA) and tell people about casters and replay sites.
- Maybe some sync kills just elite vs elite? That would make sinc kills special! (i NEVER forget when i saw a Force Comander killing a bloodthirster. Just SOME sinc kills like that would be awesome, but sure i underrstand that the amount of work required for such a small part of the game is unfair.)
- New Game objective modes closer to dow1
- New maps closer to dow1.
- i would not mind infantry leader upgrades, but just if those DIDN'T CHANGE THE ROLE OF THE SQUAD.
- Scrap the doctrine system puting most of the doctrines back as upgrades and removing several.
I know that i am dreaming pretty high, but what i am telling here wasn't exactly what we have been asking since the first time we began to dream about dow3?
What i DON'T want back:
1) Unit upgrades that change elites and infantry roles.
It was always a pretty lame design and almost impossible to balance as some units received all the sweets... Someone here remember MekBoy from dow2? he had hard counter to EVERYTHING in the game with a simple wargear upgrade, other get improved with upgrades like Force Commander, and weird stuff like Making apoth a ranged commander... I really like the elite rooster as it is.
Dreaming is still free, and i KNOW that most of us have been dreaming with this game!
What dow3 as it is does great IMO:
-art style (deal with it)
-Overall combat is very good.
-Elite variety is really fun!
-Detection system. Dow1 and 2 were a super detection MESS.