Hello brothers. Holidays times again, and my team (Thud's team) is back with some more updates!
See, while seemingly inactive, we still mod for our favourite game - we have never stopped
So, here is a glimpse of what's coming:
First, it's the updated Unification mod. This is a VERY complex combiner mod, that is now a huge "conglomeration" of many independent initiatives that I put together in (hopefully) perfect harmony. What follows is but a small fraction of what this mod includes
- Bugfix mod is now included and fully incorporated, thanks to brother's corncobman (original conception) and kasrkin (current leader). The old bugfix mod is now obsolete.
- FreeUI mod is fully supported, for seamless UI operation for ALL the races (courtesy of brother Miros and the Tyranids team)
- Support for over 30 races, including the upcoming (soon) Tyranids mod!
- COUNTLESS fixes, including fixes for flyers, commanders, etc.
- Carefully coded winconditions, AI updates, SCaR updates and many new goodies, like wargear for hereos of the Vanilla races, as well as weather conditions, day and night, etc.
- A newly incorporated gaming mode - Survival: The art of defence. This was an EXCELLENT idea of brother Argonaut, that allows up to 2 players to hold against 10 enemy waves. We are talking about a SCaR multiplayer game here! With the help of brother Kasrkin, we updated Survival (it was already in excellent shape) and now it is fully integrated. Highlights: 27 new maps, 13 playable races (the 9 vanilla + steel legion, daemonhunters, witch hunters and tyranids), 6 survival-specific winconditions and more!
-... And of course seamless co-existence and combination of more than 30 races!!!
All we did was putting together the pieces of course - it is not "our" work. While I have re-written MOST of the winconditions and SCaR, and worked a lot in fixing all conflicts and adding new features.... we just worked on what was already there. Bugfix, survival, dowai, the many race mods, ...
It has been a very pleasant experience combining all these together!
Well, most of you will already know of this mod. Brother jONES progressed it a lot, fixed many issues and almost perfected. And then, I took it upon myself to ask him (and the team) to allow me to create a Grey Knights branch!!! The team agreed, and now we also have a (WIP, but still a release candidate) very stable update that presents TWO branches!!
- The Daemonhunters branch: this is the good-old-PERFECT branch, with the complexity and variety and beauty you all know already. Add to this all fixes and additions brother jONES coded - you need search no further for a quality daemonhunters experience!
- The Grey Knights branch: While we still need to test it, it is a very good update to the mod, adding more Grey Knights to the fight! It is a complete race, not a simple units-addition.
(What follows is not directly related to our team - but we are indeed a family with the brothers mentioned, and we have worked together!)
The Tyranids team has created a marvel. Impossible UI, new units, model updates, FX updates, full AI, ... a real jewel.
Brothers Miros and Zaha were very productive lately, and from what I have seen (and had the pleasure to test), tyranids are awesome!
SOON to be released as well!!! (And with FULL Unification + Survival support)
This is a work of brother Kasrkin. And offers a really refreshing experience.
In short, you can enjoy all DC and SS stronghold maps, with a PLETHORA of races!
One of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
If you already have the Steam of Soulstorm, then these goodies are for you.
If you do not own Soulstorm (no way!!), then GO BUY IT NOW!!! It's holidays times, the game purchase is really easy via Steam, and the game itself is VERY affordable. There is no excuse! And the same is true for the WHOLE DoW trilogy.
...Even for those with the old SS DVD version, now it's the time to buy the Steam SS version as well - there is much to be enjoyed from on-line gaming
Remember, you can enjoy the game BOTH on-line, AND by having some matches yourself - there are many races, many modes and too much fun still!
A personal view of DoW
Brothers, regardless opinions and reviews and critics concerning the latest release of DoW3, the DoW trilogy is the very definition and has set the standards of how the WH40k gaming should FEEL LIKE on PC.
GW gave us the marvel of the WH40k universe. And the excellence of the TableTop. And Relic (and now Sega) gave us the option to enjoy incredible games on our computer.
I just wanna say tanks to all programmers and artist and designers and novel writers and model creators involved in creating this whole world. My favourite by far.
Add to this the art of modding - and the ability to contribute an idea (no matter how tiny) to this universe, and there you have it - an OUTSTANDING experience, and a great hobby.
There, I said it!
...Check here again SOON, for the mod updates!