Actually, topic. Just published my mod - this one, called Closer to Codices
In fact, it's not only "closer to codices".
The game is also COMPLETELY remade to make it look and feel like WAR.
It was done with due regard to respective 8th Edition CODICES (Space Marines and Craftworlds ones) and Index: Xenos 2 (Orks).
Full changelog is goddamn long, thus - just main features of this mod:
- Weapons do not sooth in this mod - they actually KILL, and KILL STUFF RAPIDLY.
- It's not a problem, though - units are also spawned times faster, than in the original game to fill your game with ACTION, BLOOD, GORE, FIRE, EXPLOSIONS, DEATH CRIES. KILL COUNTS in post-game stats are merely ENORMOUS.
- Weapons have certain accuracy - yes, even these mighty warriors do miss sometimes (some of them pretty frequently - like Orksez, for instance).
- Units have armor and weapons, respectively, penetration - as per Codices.
- Weapon ranges are also Codex-related, being calculated by certain formula.
- All HP values are also calculated basing on the Codex values of toughness and wounds.
- Weapon damage is also calculated basing upon Codex Strength and Attacks attributes.
- Thus buildings and vehicles have lots of HP, being thus nearly indestructible for infantry with small arms - other vehicles and heavy/specialized infantry weapons are needed.
- All vehicles are repairable.
- All weapons have friendly fire on - thus throwing a grenade under own feet or shooting AoE weapons to the crowd, which includes your own troops takes a heavy toll.
- Elites are - still being very useful - not crucial anymore, the game is perfectly playable even without them (which makes the gameplay way less MOBA-like, than it is in the original game).
- This mod, in fact, is taylored for Annihilation and Annihilation with Defenses game modes, narcomaniac Power Core Mode untouched thus pretty useless in it.
Play, watch UTTER AMOUNTS OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION, have fun! Constructive feedback is welcome.
P.S. Sad part of the description. Drawbacks.
- Units from the latest update (Lifta-Droppa, Ironclad Dreadnought, Wraithseer) are not included due to their absense in the Relic's outdated Mod Tools.
- Not all planned to be done is done due to - yes, extremely limited nature of the Mod Tools (yes, Relic, I mean that ... don't know, bug or intentionally made impossibility to clone with renaming).
- Players, got used to the original game, will have to re-learn :-)).
P.P.S. If you like my mod - I'd appreciate, if you rated it (positively, of course) and recommended to your friends.
P.P.P.S. My mod's name in the respective dropdown list in the custom match screen is True_SM (for it was started as "making the Space Marines as they should be per Codex" and only some time afterwards it has grown into complete overhaul.