I'm aware that this issue has now been mentioned a few times, so apologies for the repetition. I would also like to apologise for the clickbait title, but this new bug has rendered the game totally unplayable for around 25% of users.
There have always been significant connection problems with DoW Soulstorm, but despite being annoying, they have always been manageable. This new bug is far more critical however.
Around 4 weeks ago the lobby began to accumulate 'dead' games. These are games which were previously ended, but remain permanently stuck in the lobby. There are now possibly over 100 'dead' games? When you attempt to join these games, they generate a 'Connection Refused By Host' message. This is inconvenient, but again still manageable.
Around 1 week ago the new bug seems to have started. It appears that players are split into 2 groups. One group of around 75% experiences all the normal bugs, but is still able to see/host/play games with the majority of other players. The other group of 25% experiences a permanent bug in which they can not see/join/host games with the majority of players. All games from each group are mutually invisible/unplayable from the other group. It appears to be random, as my game was working fine until about 3 days ago. I have tried the obvious fixes of restarting the game, restarting Steam and disabling firewalls/VPNs. Today I uninstalled both Soulstorm and Steam, and reinstalled them; but to no effect. There is now usually zero games I am able to play, whilst there are ~100 'dead ' games in the lobby. I can host 1v1, games but ultimately play against the same 3 people over and over, with it being essentially impossible to play multiplayer team games.
I can appreciate that a +10 year old game might not be a priority for developers, but this game still has a thriving community of regular players, some of which have been playing since release. Many of us feel like the game has been neglected for years, with all submitted requests to SEGA support apparently being ignored.
I hope someone will be able to help with these issues, and give the players a rough idea of timeline as to when this could be fixed.