By using these forums you agree to SEGA’s Terms & Conditions as well as Relic’s Terms & Conditions outlined below. These terms may be updated at Relic's discretion.
We welcome your participation in our forums, a place where you can interact with Relic, SEGA, and our community of players. To ensure a positive space to discuss a game that we love, we ask that you use these forums in a way that respects all other participants, and members of our community at large.
In selecting your username, please review the following guidelines to ensure it’s suitable for a video game forum. All users must avoid usernames that:
- Offend: anything that is meant as, or can be taken as, an insult to an individual or people of a specific race, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Mislead: anything that implies you are affiliated with Relic, SEGA, another company, or represent any individual other than yourself.
- Impersonate: anything that suggests you pose as a historical figure, celebrity, politician, or known public figure such as “President Obama.”
- Infringe: anything that infringes on another company’s intellectual property including known character names such as “Luke Skywalker.”
Accounts and Suspensions
Please only register with one account. Having multiple accounts could result in a suspension or ban from the forums. For more information on infractions that can lead to a suspension or ban, please see the posting guidelines below.
If you have been suspended or banned, do not create a new account and resume posting. Creating additional accounts to circumvent a suspension in is direct conflict with our Terms and Conditions and will result in an extension of your suspension or a permanent ban from the forums.
If you wish to discuss returning to the forums following a suspension or ban, please email our Enforcement Team at [email protected].
The following Terms & Conditions are in place for all members of our forums. Failure to follow these rules may result in your post being deleted, your thread being locked, an infraction being added to your account, a temporary suspension, or a permanent ban at the Staff or moderator’s discretion.
- Language: these are English-language forums and we ask for your commitment to posting decipherable comments, and avoiding excessive txt msg shorthand, leetspeak, etc. We also have a swear filter in place that is not to be intentionally bypassed.
- Abusive Behavior: do not post personal attacks against other players, the Relic team, or members of our community. This includes threats of violence, bullying or harassment, revealing the personal information of others, bigotry of any kind, or offensive content (text or images).
- Spamming: we ask that your posts and responses add value to the discussion, and to the rest of the community. As such, short posts (i.e. “lol” “I agree.”), forum memes, or distracting use of formatting (font size and color, emojis) will not be tolerated. Please adhere to the same rules when creating thread titles. Incorrectly flagging a comment as Spam to hide it will result in a warning. If you are unsure, feel free to contact a moderator.
- Prohibited Content: pornography, piracy (software or otherwise), game exploits or hacks, political discussion, and anti-developer or anti-publisher attacks or campaigns. Any content you link to in your posts must also adhere to these forum rules.
- Posting: ensure your posts are assigned to the most relevant forum for your topic and that you are not duplicating an existing thread. If you think you have posted in the wrong forum, please re-create your thread or contact a moderator about moving your existing one. If you have something to add to or edit in your existing post, use the edit feature to do so rather than double-posting.
- Responding: please stay on-topic. Disrupting a thread by going off-topic may result in your post getting deleted, or the thread getting locked. Avoid posts that are off-topic, irrelevant, or that do not add value to the subject matter.
While these guidelines cover the majority of potential infractions, Relic Community staff and our team of volunteer moderators reserve the right to use their best judgement in cases where a user or post is disrupting the forum experience in a way that has not been outlined above.
Relic / SEGA Participation
While the majority of threads on the forums are monitored by Relic or SEGA staff, our participation is at the discretion of our Community staff. These forums are for you to share what you think with fellow players. These community discussions often provide more useful information than when we get involved ourselves. That said, remember that just because you don’t get a direct response doesn’t mean we aren’t listening.
We believe all threads on our forum deserve our attention. As such, do not address threads specifically to Relic, SEGA, or our Community staff, or threads demanding a response from our team. Threads should encourage discussion between fans rather than require participation from Relic or SEGA staff.
These forums are here for fans to talk with other fans, and for the development team to learn from what you think about our game. As such, we want to hear from you and appreciate frank and honest feedback. However, for that information to be useful, it needs to be constructive and posted in a manner that is respectful of all members of our team.
To help us understand and evaluate your feedback on our games, please ensure that your posts are:
- Respectful: providing comments in an insulting or confrontational manner makes it difficult for us to assess and share your feedback with the team.
- Specific: whether you’re reporting a bug or suggesting a balance issue, be as clear as possible about how it was encountered, and how it was/is affecting your experience.
- Patient: we can’t respond to every post, or act on every comment, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t listening. You may not see immediate results, but your feedback helps us evolve.
Appealing a warning or ban
To appeal a warning or ban, please refer to this post.
To report abusive behavior in previous games, please send a detailed report of the incident to the enforcement team at [email protected]. In order for any punitive action to occur, proof of the incident (replays, screenshots, videos) must be provided.
For Dawn of War III, use the in-game report feature.
To report violations of the forum Terms & Conditions, use the in-built report feature on the forums.
All reports will be thoroughly investigated and appropriate action will be taken, though we will not be able to discuss with you the outcome of your report.
While these guidelines should help you understand the general rules of our forums, we can’t anticipate every situation that may occur in the future. As such, we trust that our team of volunteer moderators will use their best judgement and we appreciate their work to help keep the forums civil.
Interested in becoming a moderator?
We regularly reach out to passionate members of the community with invitations to join our team of volunteer moderators. If you’re interested, simply commit to following our guidelines, helping other members, and making positive contributions to our forums, and you might just hear from us. For more information, check out this post!
If you disagree with a decision made by one of our moderators, please send an email to [email protected] with the phrase "Moderation Concern" in the subject line. Posts discussing moderation concerns are subject to removal.
As with player reports (both in-game and on the forums), we cannot discuss with you the resolution of your report.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Above all else, remember that these forums exist to connect with other fans of games that you love. We understand that gaming can be frustrating, and that sometimes things don’t work as you think they should. With your cooperation, these forums can help us make your gaming experience even better.
Have fun, treat others with respect, and we can keep this a friendly, welcoming, and constructive place where we can work together to make the best games possible!