So now that this game has entered the public eye, I wonder what it will take after more in terms of gameplay; Dawn of War or Dawn of War II.
Suppression was a great system however I also realise that for many, it breaks the whole idea of Space Marines tanking damage and ignoring the idea of cover.
Glad a cover system is coming back however, it made for some great skirmishes around resource points in Dawn of War II and I can't wait to see some incredible battles occur in the third installment.
Instead of going off on one and creating a wishlist as long as my arm, I thought I'd compile some of the best of both games of what I'd like to see, so here we are:
- Suppression, great mechanic, added a more tactical approach to situations that we have seen from CoH
- Power and req points. I know that they have confirmed resource points but the idea of building gens away from your base and having to cover them was key to much of Dawn of war II's gameplay
- Relic points? This is a polarising one as it both had a function in Dawn of War but could create some unfair imbalance. I.E they get a baneblade and all you have to counter are predators.
- Set up times. Set up times for certain squads in II was also a unique mechanic that could create some great moments of tension.
- Victory Point control as the main MP game mode (for ranked). I'll admit to a degree of hypocrisy as I absolutely hated VP control when it was first introduced in II. However, since Chaos Rising I grew fond of it and as I got into he 1v1 competitive scene, I grew rather attached to this mode. It was a tug of war and just as with the resource points, could create some great skirmish moments when 6 players clashed over the one point.
Seriously though, what would you guys like to see return mechanics wise? Leave your thoughts below!