After playing it for a day and ahalf, here is what I got to say:
- Compared to how DOTA like feature mix (heroes and hero equipment) was implemented in DOW2 this is much more balanced way, still I definitely miss the customizable loadouts in-match which made for a lot of unexpectable strategies within game it also allowed to adjust more quickly as opposed to these predictable heroes.
- Keeping on the DOTA like features for me the fact that you cannot move the camera with wasd keys is very annoying as within action packed battles of 10+ units you have your groups on shortcuts, but if you have to move the map with arrow keys and the jump to 1-2-3 numbers which usually are used in RPGs/DOTA like games is very uncomfortable.
- Couple of bugs with loading, for example when the game loads and all players can talk in chat but the map is frozen and for nobody can issue any orders, much like the issua was in COH1 and less so in COH2, when someone would load too long.
- Very dissapointing that there is no cover system except the shields, as it takes away any unit/terrain micromanagement, for me the game lacks depth in this sense, but I guess it makes the learning curve less steep this way.
- Greatest surprise no retreat, which is I would say interesting choice as compared to COH or previous DOWs, cannot yet say if it is a good one, this in combination of no retreat makes for a very generic blob-like RTS feel.
- Very light on the machine and alt-tab friendly which is a great surprise from a Relic/SEGA game, good job.
- Shortcuts would be nice for everything, basically a key-remapping in settings is really needed, as this game in MID/META can make for very frenzied skirmishes.
- Also, great job on the Trailer, much like DOW2 this one is very well done.
- And of course, balancing will be needed some units are way too expensive for the usefulness that they provide/not provide.
So when is TAU expansion coming?