Didn't want to hijack someone's thread and really want to keep place where most ppl can contribute constructive feedback and some opinions.
Played several matches. Start with bad :
- Balance feels pretty off. It covered in many threads already, hopefully will be addressed in future.
- Visual effects are way to flashy and it really cripples combat visibility pretty bad.
- Controls are sluggish, responsiveness is pretty low, some serious issues with unit pathing.
- No force melee function, and when you switch, it takes long before command issued and unit executes going melee (sometimes it doesn't even move).
- Default control scheme is pretty fine, but lack of keybinds in RTS is mindbogging.
- Army painter is BAD, it lack shitloads of functions/chapters/clans/insignias/etc. F.e. no halved/quartered armor schemes, and yes, this is VERY freaking important.
- Lacks loads of graphic options.
- New game mode is fine, but it brings absolutely nothing new, matches are still can be played 2-3 minutes or drag forever. When you lose few squads, enemy has more map control and he isn't idiot, there's no way for you to come out of that.
- Tutorial is useless and Codex doesn't say absolutely ANYTHING I really need to know. It covers stuff only for people who play videogame for the first time in their life...
- It has W40k models.
- Decision not to show enemy loadouts before match starts but only race is genious. Thank you.
- Ability to remove unit outline a.k.a silhouettes is great, but having circle under the squad instead wouldn't hurt.
- Big fat hope that game will get better in time (which is very small atm).