First off, thank you Devs for all your hard work.
This game has so much potential, thank you for you passion and creativity.
1) Vs. other players the came can be a lot more fun, but there seems to be some pacing issues with it’s current state imo.
2) Vs. the AI this game feels like a moba spam fest because the Line Units die so quickly, and its not like the AI is using any strategy which is so frustrating.
This game has lots of strategy, but it plays so quickly at times it seems like you miss it because of the intensive micro combined with the super squishy line units.
To me the one current game mode feels like a Hardcore Mode which is great for a high skill ceiling and for Pro Players. Can be fun for PvP at a high skill ceiling.
Also the maps, because the maps are too small imo, if you lose within the first 5-7 mins sometimes it feels like game is over.
You rush to the mid and if you lose you fall back and turtle. What if the maps were a little bigger with one more row of capture points.
How about a Softcore Mode (name can surely be changed, but the Firestorm Over Kaurava had this objective in it's DOW 1 mod which doubled the hit points of all units.)
It would be a completely different mode, yet we could keep the current Generator Mode. Some examples.....
1) Slightly larger Maps. (1 more row of capture points)
2) Stronger Line Units (double the hit points of all units or even more given.)
3) VP and Annihilation mode with highly increased Building Health.
4) Recreated DOW 1 maps- the best of the bunch out the gate.
Basically you get this mode to play more like DOW 1 yet with the cool Elite Units and Army Doctrines the game has.
You could call it something like “Remastered Mode” or “Classic Mode” and promote it as such.
You want to get the “pacing” and feel of DOW 1.
Line Units not dying so quickly, but on par with what DOW 1 felt like.
Elite Units in the mix dishing out some damage without over doing it, but more importantly staying in the fight more with more health like the Heroes or Commander Units in DOW 1.
Instead of trying to adjust the current balance with one state, why not create two pathways that could satisfy a larger crowd.
1) Current Generator Mode (give the current state of the game’s pacing and balance a specific name.)
2) Classic Mode with Victory Point and Annihilation.