Let me start right off the bat saying yes, this is most likely a rant post.
This patch has completely failed. It screams SM fan-service, and Relic should have never listened to the majority of the forum posters here. The result of which is that my main race, that I have loved since I started DoW 2 (logged over 2.5k hours, ranked multiplayer, not last stand BS) got gutted and left to die in an alley. I exclusively play 2vs2 with some 3vs3 on the side, 1vs1's don't interest me one bit. And this patch has just ruined those gamemodes, the gamemodes I love and care for.
They say they made this patch to ''improve gameplay'' and ''force different army compositions'', this is all bollocks and a blatant lie that is evident when you play this game even semi-serious. It has resulted in spam fests of unparalleled proportions, for ALL races. You would see more diverse army choices pre-patch then post. And the main reason for this is that HORRIBLE requisition change, and the utter and blatant overbuffing and nerfing of units. And in the case of Eldar, actually REMOVED their core gameplay mechanic which is hit and run. Post-patch they changed from hit and run to turtle and defend. I mean, are you kidding me? I understood completely the need for specific Eldar units:
- Scorpions were indeed overperforming with true damage crits, they could've just removed the true damage and keep them as is. Instead they slaughtered the elite, by nerfing Hunt with 75%(!) and reducing their Shield and Health in addition as well! They are an absolute worthless pick now in the higher level 2vs2 and 3vs3 games, they are dead before they even get any damage going.
- Macha, the early game elite you chose when going up against orks. Mediocre and dare I say even, useless combined with the new economy system, there's no way to even stop an massive ork spam blob going early game now. People were crying and yelling about her ''instant squad delete combo'', newsflash, split your squads, try to bait out her spear and make her miss it. Instead you guys cried, kicked and yelled, and Relic listened, Macha, her sole purpose now beign a stasis bot.
- Overall Eldar T1: kicked, stabbed and spat on. Yes, DA's were overperforming in conjuction with Webway Gates, and yes, I feel those DA nerfs are warranted. What's not warranted is removing Webway Gate teleport T1 since it's such an essential part of Eldar overall. Eldar units DO NOT EXIST OUTSIDE IT'S RADIUS. They have the slowest movement speed of all units without battle focus, and they drop like flies without the shield gen. Yes, nerf overperforming units with battle focus, but do not take away our sole mechanic of actually having manoeuvrability! Make the Webway Gate even easier to kill, but let us keep the T1 teleport, without battle focus going on, we seriously are gimped.
- Don't even bother making Banshee's until T2 since they are complete jackshit T1 outside their battle focus range.
- Shadow Spectres die when you sneeze on them and are overpriced.
- 2vs2's mainly have changed into a meatgrinder spamfest thanks to requisition changes. Every game has been the same: Tac Spam, Reaper Spam, Boyz Spam, which escalates into: More Tacs/ASM/Preds, nothing changed here, still WG's, Falcon is no option, it actually dies pretty fast to tac spam, rokkit/killa kans spam. Yay diversity?!
Winning doesn't feel enjoyable anymore, the micro has been taken out of 2vs2, it all revolves around spam attack move. And this patch is just one big fan-service to the space marine yellers on this forum. Tacs with early flamer was already quite disgusting vs Eldar pre-patch, now it's just kicking and punching while we're laying down already, hopelessly trying to defend ourselves.
I don't know how much longer I can keep on playing the game in this state, it's beyond horrible. The fact that online players has been the same since the patch has hit, just proves my case even further. The only people happy about this patch seems to be the SM/Orks and the Orks mainly because they have been untouched.
I did not even mind the ASM powersword cheese spam, I could deal with it, and I hardly lost against it. Ork trukks the same.. But there is nothing Eldar T1 can do atm against tac spam backed up by Ironmaw.
P.S: Wraithblades are still super ++heresy redacted++ late-game, but that's the only option we have.