Probably everyone knows this by now: Rangers are beyond broken.
The reason why they perform overly good:
It's again a combination of doctrines (thinking about tacs...) and Ronahn presence.
- Vigor multiplies the damage by about 5x as long as the targets are in range.
- Ranger focus increases dps by +6 (from 24 to 30) as long as they are shooting from stealth cover and even if they are leaving stealth cover it lasts for another 6 seconds. It also gives more vision for the duration and fleet of foot even if they are not nearby a webway gate.
- Ronahn sensor beacon presence gives Rangers an endless stealthcover and vision ability which can be abused by good players to give them an endless dps increase while getting and preventing enemy vision.
4 ranger squads with vigor and focus doctrine can have a possible 5(30x4) = 600 dps for the duration. ( free deathstorm ?)
They have so mutch dps that they even can destroy vehicles by themselves.
- Reduce Ranger focus dps increase from +6 to +3.
- Reduce Ranger vigor dps multiplier from x5 to x3.
- Increase Ranger population from 9 to 11.
- Increase Ranger power cost from 15 to 20.
- Reduce research power cost from 25 to 10.
Make Rangers more of a support unit.