Even though there are many thing still wrong with the game (Ranger spam,...). This post is about what DOW3 has improve compare to other entries (Or other rts games). Hopefully they will keep this in the next installment (If there are still hope for any).
- Very creative elite ability. Some elite is very well design and fun to use (Some is better design than the other), I am talking about Farseer Macha, Da Kommando, Weirdboy Zappnoggin, Warp Spider Squad, Librarian Jonah Orion... They are easy to use but hard to master. Their abilities can be use in many different way and is very creative.
- Ork scraps mechanic. Surprisingly, this is the most creative mechanic in RTS game I have seen for a long time. And it is not some kind of mimic that I think it will be at the beginning.
- Very well optimize game. Even my below average labtop can run this game.
- Each race feel very different. Yes, this game feel like it is lacking in content and races compare to previous entries. But what we get is very diverse, very different play style of each race. And they are all fun to play too. Even each race ultimate ability is very unique too.
- Everything has multiple counter to it. For example, each ultimate ability of each race can be use in multiple way, and can be counter too. Unlike previous game where the only thing you can do is run away from it. Each unit is viable and useful if use correctly. DOW3 do not have large unit roster but what we get is very solid.
In conclusion, I really love this game. I am one of the hater at first, but I keep open mind and I am not disappointed. This is one of the best RTS we have for a very long time and I will be sad if this is the last.
However, the developer need to be more active, there are still hope for this game. They just need to get their ++heresy redacted++ together and keep improving on it.