I am creating this thread for the purpose of exploring an idea that might be interesting for both players and producers. Trading card games are becoming more popular these days, and so my idea is to create one for Dawn of War. I've recently found out that the game workshop created one called ''The Horus Heresy Legions'' and although trying it was fun to explore, it lacked many components for it to succeed on par with for ex; Hearthstone. Although they had some cool mechanics in combat it's initial UI mechanics were built cheap, something that GW keeps doing in a lot of there games and something that makes it not succeed with other major industries. So the idea is preferably to be done by the creators of Dawn of War (Relic) someone with experience in the game and someone that could do this project properly. For the idea to work it's first impressions must be done correctly, so before official release it would need an alpha test and beta test.
The ideal scenario of DoW TCG:
1. Since DoW in total has 9 races, all of them being in the TCG would be the ideal scenario for the game. This means that there would be a choice of race to be playable to everyone and to specialize. Diversity is one reason why DoW captured the players attention for all these years, and though I don't want to say this, DoW3 major key elements of hate was due to lack of diversity (3 races).
2. The UI has to be built very good from the start. NO cheap stuff like The Horus Heresy Legions. Good UI means a good foundation.
3. Mechanics of combat; is something that can be discussed a lot, but initially I would say "add everything from the RTS, and then add more mechanics that would suit the TCG" some ideas can be even taken from the other trading card games like Hearthstone, The Eldar Scrolls, etc....
4. Single player mode; well it would be a good way to introduce new players into the lore of Dawn of War so it could start from the beginning and adding more single player story with additional content.
5. Events; this feature can be specialized modes that add different gameplay style with additional rewards depending on how many wins you get.
6. Balance; I would say this would be very important, and very hard to achieve, but all I say regarding to balance is that we don't need a crazy COMBO WOMBO BS. We got Hearthstone for that lol.
So everything I say here is not meant to be an insult to anyone although I do criticize the decisions that were made, but the whole point of this is to create something that can be fun and enjoyable to play and work on. Now the interesting part is the profits that come from this can be invested into the DoW production. Meaning it could be used to advance the DoW3,4 or for example the TCG game. Either way it would be for DoW series!!!! Leave your opinions, and let's see what happens.